Public Works

1. Streets -The Public Works Department maintains all of the city's streets and public right of ways from paving streets, repairing berms, patching holes, maintaining curb, gutter and sidewalk to trimming trees in the right-of-way, traffic signals and traffic control devices and by grading and maintaining dirt roads and shoulders.

2. Encroachment Permits - Permits are required for any work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks, signs, utilities) proposed to take place in the City's Right-of -Way. Please call Community Development Dept. at 760-367-6799 for application information.

3. Maintained and Non-Maintained Roads - On incorporation from the County of San Bernardino in 1987, the City assumed maintenance responsibility for all the streets and roadways the County was maintaining. There were also numerous rights-of-way that the County was not maintaining. These non-maintained roadways are maintained by the property owners. Click on the links below to view two files containing a partial listing of City Maintained and Non-Maintained Streets. Please call the Public Works Department if you have additional questions or if your street is not on these lists.

Department of Public Works
6994 Bullion Ave Twentynine Palms, Ca. 92277
Office Hours - Monday-Thursday 5:30am - 4:00 Pm

Office Phone - 760-367-Road (7623) Ext 1016
Fax -760-367-7624

Contact Emails - or

To submit a Public Works Repair Request online click HERE.


The recent budget approved the overlaying of several streets in the city, totaling over 706,423 square feet. See if your street is on the list!