The City of Twentynine Palms' mission is to attract and retain profitable employers and facilitate a wide variety of services for its citizens and visitors. The City implements economic development activities that protect, improve, and diversify the City's economy, and the City's goal is further diversification of its economic base. The City is pro-business, pro-jobs, pro-local economy, and dedicated to developing a prosperous community.
We want to thank you for your professional services to the City of Twentynine Palms and look forward to your continued interest in this community. The City of Twentynine Palms Chapter 5.01.020 of the Municipal Code establishes that no person shall engage in any business within the City without a valid business license issued or without complying with any and all regulations applicable to such business.
The City of Twentynine Palms Business License application fees are:
  • Business License Application (First Year): $111.82 + $4 (SB 1186 Fee) = $115.82
  • Business License Annual Renewal: $40.25 + $4 (SB 1186 Fee) = $44.25
  • Home Occupation Permit Application (First Year): $111.82 + $4 (SB1186 Fee) + $79.39 = $195.21
  • Home Occupation Annual Renewal: $40.25 + $4 (SB 1186 Fee) = $44.25
  • Changes to an Existing Business License: $22.36
Please ensure you have all required documentation to complete your application:
  • Copy of All Business Owners' driver's licenses or other state-issued IDs.
  • Corporations must submit a list of corporate officers. If a Limited Liability Corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation is required.
  • If using a name other than yours a San Bernardino County Recorded Fictitious Business Name is required. To apply online click HERE.
  • If your business requires a San Bernardino County Health Permit (including Tattoo Artist), CA State Cosmetology/Barber License, Liquor License, California State Massage Certificationplease provide a copy with your application.
  • Home Business - When using your home as an office for your business, please select "Yes" for the Home Occupation Permit (HOP). Renters are required to submit a letter of authorization from their landlords, property management, or homeowner. (Residences aboard MCAGCC are excluded).

Refunds in full will not be issued for any license (Vacation Home Rental/Business License) for which processing has been initiated (exemptions may apply).  No refunds will be issued upon cancellation of any application in which 30 days have transpired from date of application and applicant has failed to comply with the requirements of the application process.

Apply for your Business License (excluding Vacation Home Rentals; see information below). For business license questions, please call (760) 367-6799 or email
If you are a business owner or executive and your company is looking for a new location, Twentynine Palms provides a strong foundation to build a successful business. The City is currently seeking RETAIL AND RESTAURANT businesses to locate in Twentynine Palms. To learn more, contact the City Manager's office at (760) 367-6799.
For information on programs administered by the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration in regard to registering for permits and licenses, as well as how to file and report correctly, click HERE.
For assistance with finding the appropriate permit information as well as contact information for the various agencies that administer and issue permits, please visit the CalGold website.
Please Note: New Vacation Home Rental (VHR) applications and all renewals (Business License and VHR Permit) need to be completed online simultaneously. To apply or renew, please visit our online portal.