Park and Recreation Dept.Park and Recreation Dept.
As the City's Community Services Department, the Recreation staff provides a multitude of services and activities to the community. There are seasonal and year-round sports programs and activities that are available to youth and adults. "We create community through people, parks and programs," is the Community Services mission.
Adult sports programs include co-ed and men's softball.
The youth sports programs include co-ed arena soccer, co-ed soccer, co-ed flag football, co-ed volleyball, youth basketball, and teen spring basketball.
Activities such as the summer day camp program, summer movies in Luckie Park, Spring concerts, summer Red Cross swim lessons, the Halloween Fun Fest, Easter Egg Hunt, and instructor classes are provided through the Community Services Department with the help of local sponsors. We also offer indoor and outdoor facilities for rent to public or private parties.
Our office is located at 74362 Joe Davis Drive (off Utah Trail, in Luckie Park). Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 1-6 p.m., excluding holidays.
(760)367-7562. Email: rcouncell(at)29palms.org
The Community Services Director is responsible for all administrative activities of the Recreation Programs, Luckie Park, Swimming Pool, and Knott's Sky Park, along with coordinating with Public Works Supervisor on parks development and maintenance issues. Additionally, the Community Services Director coordinates and administers the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Programs, and other grant programs for the development of the City's parks systems. The Community Services Director coordinates the utilization of City facilities with the Twentynine Palms Youth Club, Morongo Unified School District, High Desert Youth Football Association, Twentynine Palms Little League, and the Twentynine Palms Swim Team.
The Recreation Department is made up of six full-time staff members. The Recreation Superintendent, Recreation Supervisor, Recreation/Construction Supervisor, Recreation Coordinator, Recreation/Aquatics Supervisor, and Recreation Program Supervisor/Office Manager. The Recreation staff is responsible for the programming of all youth and adult recreational activities, its volunteers, officials, coaches, and facilities. They are also responsible for all special programs offered by the department along with leisure activities, business sponsorship for all the youth, and special programs.
The Recreation Superintendent is responsible for the department's budget, the hiring of all seasonal and part-time staff, instructors, and their related training. The Recreation Supervisor/Construction Specialist is responsible for overseeing the youth and adult sports programs and working with the Community Services Director in developing and constructing new facilities. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the daily programs and assisting the Recreation Superintendent and Supervisors as needed. The Recreation Program Supervisor/Office Manager is responsible for leisure activities, special programs, Summer Day Camp, Facility Rentals, Special Event Insurance Policies, Advertising, Brochures, Activity Guides, along with managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Community Services/Recreation Office.
If you have any questions for the Park & Recreation Dept. / Community Services, or wish to inquire about facility rental fees, please contact us at (760)367-7562.
KNOTT SKY PARK
Located on El Sol Avenue off 29 Palms Hwy.
1. Baseball field
2. Small Playground area
3. Picnic Shelter
4. Large Playground area (NEW)
5. Large open grass field
Located off Two Mile Road & Utah Trail
1. Pool (Opens weekends only starting Memorial Day weekend, then daily after second week of June to end of August)
2. Playground areas (2)
3. Picnic Shelters (3)
4. Basketball Courts (3) Lighted
5. Skateboard Park Lighted
6. Baseball Fields (4) Lighted
7. Horseshoe Pits (2 sets of 2)
8. Soccer Field Lighted
Located on Sullivan Road off south Adobe Road
1. Little Theater managed by a non profit
2. Large parking lot and young shade trees
3. Shaded porch at front entrance
4. Theatre seating, stage, snack bar
See website for additional information
COMMUNITY SERVICES BUILDING
1. Summer Day Camp Program
2. Instructor Classes
3. Meeting/Conference Availability
INSTRUCTOR CLASSES (Various Locations, some programs *year round)
1. *Ballet/Jazz/Modern Dance (ages 3 & up)
2. *Hand to Hand Martial Arts (ages 4 & up)
3. Zumba Fitness (18 & older)
1. Basketball Camp usually begins the Monday after school is out.
2. Soccer Camp usually begins the second week after school is out.
1. Soccer Ages 4-14 - Sign up starts August 1st
2. Volleyball Grades 4th-8th- Sign up starts August 1st
1. Youth Basketball January~late February.
2. Youth Flag Football ages 7-14 November~mid December
3. Girl's Basketball Tournament March
3. Boy's Basketball Tournament March
1. Arena Soccer Grades 3rd -8th
2. Teen Spring Basketball Grades 7th -12th
1. Co-Ed Softball 1st week of June - 1st week of September (tentative)
2. Men's Softball " " (tentative)
Call Ricky at 760-367-7562 for information about both leagues.
SPECIAL ANNUAL PROGRAMS
1. Halloween Funfest (October 31)
2. Easter EggHunt (Easter Sunday, with Twentynine Palms Volunteer Fire Department)
3. Skateboard Competitions (approval from Community Services Director is required)
4. Summer Movies in the Park
5. Summer Day Camp program (1st-6th Graders)
SOFTBALL & BASEBALL FIELDS
Tournaments (Non-Profit/Resident Rates)
Per Field Per Day $35.00
Lights North & South (per hour) $30.00 (Per Field)
Lime (per bag) $20.00
Bases deposit (refundable) $115.00
Tournaments (For Profit/Non Resident Rates)
Field,& Lime (maximum 5 hours) $225.00 (Per Field)
Each additional hour over max. allowed $30.00
Bases Deposit (refundable) $115.00
Lights (per field) $30.00 per hour.
Games and Practices
Field Per Day $35.00
Lights-North & South Per Hour $30.00 (per field)
Bases Deposit (refundable) 115.00
The Recreation office is open from 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is closed on the following holidays:
New Years Eve, New Years Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
If you have any questions or comments for the Park & Recreation Dept. / Community Services, please send an email to us at: rcouncell(at)29palms.org
Park & Recreation Dept., 74362 Joe Davis Drive (located off Utah Trail in Luckie Park), Twentynine Palms, CA 92277 ~ (760)367-7562