Headlines - City of Twentynine Palms, CAHeadlines - City of Twentynine Palms, CA

See our NEW City website at www.29palms.org for Agendas, Minutes, Staff Reports, Community Calendar, and more.

NOTE: This current website will eventually disappear! So bookmark www.29palms.org

Upcoming Meetings

Click a meeting heading below for AGENDAS, Minutes, Staff Reports.

City Hall, 6136 Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277 - (760) 367-6799 ext. 1001. City Hall is open Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.


City Council

5:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 9 - Cancelled

6 p.m., Tuesday, August 23

(2nd & 4th Tuesdays at City Hall)


Planning Commission

6 p.m., Tuesday, August 16

(1st & 3rd Tuesdays at City Hall)


Public Arts Advisory Committee

1:00 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 7 - Regular Meeting

(1st Wednesdays at Recreation Dept. conference room - 760-367-6799 ext.1023)


Oversight Board to the Successor Agency to the Dissolved Twentynine Palms Redevelopment Agency

4 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2016 (at City Hall, Council Chambers)


FIRE STATION Office Temp Closure

Twentynine Palms Fire Station office will be temporarily closed due to renovations. The on-duty crew has relocated to a downtown residence until the remodel is completed, which is estimated to be the first week in August. The fire department will continue to be in full operation during this period. In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. To leave a message for the on-duty crew, call (760) 367-7524. Chief Thompson has also advised that no burn permits will be issued until further notice.


When Extreme Heat Advisories are issued or extended power outages occur in our area, a Cooling Center is available at the Senior Center at 6539 Adobe Road in downtown Twentynine Palms, across from the Fire Station and MBTA Transit Center. The air conditioned center is open for residents to cool off Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.  If the heat index reaches 115 degrees, or other conditions necessitate, the Senior Center will be open as a designated Emergency Cooling Center for extended evening hours and on Sat. or Sun. The building is equipped with a generator in case of power outages. Lunch is served 11:30 Monday thru Friday. If the building is open on the weekends, water is available but no food service; bring your own snacks. Please, no pets inside the bldg.

*For assistance, call the Senior Center at (760)367-5780 or (760)361-1410.

*For MBTA bus information, call (760)366-2395.

*For animal information, call Palms-N-Paws (760)367-0157

 Media Release: Cooling Center available in Twentynine Palms



The City of Twentynine Palms reminds residents (and visitors) to help conserve our precious water resources. Gov. Jerry Brown issued an executive order April 1, 2015, directing the State Water Resources Control Board to implement mandatory water reductions in cities and towns across California. Twentynine Palms Water District has been directed to reduce water usage by 28 percent. Citizens are asked to be aware of the drought and Save Water! More information is available at www.saveourwater.com


 Media Release: City Begins Water Reduction Measures - May 28, 2015 (PDF)


 Here are some water saving tips from Twentynine Palms Water District (PDF)




More RECYCLING information: www.burrtec.com/recycling


Curbside Pickup in City Limits: Burrtec Waste & Recycling Services, under contract with the City of Twentynine Palms, provides curbside trash and recycling collection for residents living within the city limits of Twentynine Palms. Recycle Bins at Public Works for Residents Outside City Limits For residents living outside the city limits, public recycling bins are located at the City's Public Works building on Bullion Avenue off Sullivan Road in Twentynine Palms. Bins are accessible 24/7 and will accept recyclable plastic, paper, cardboard, cans, bottles etc. Electronic waste: For questions about electronic waste or other recycling matters, contact Burrtec in Yucca Valley at 760-365-2015 or toll free at 866-989-2783.


Household Hazardous Waste: San Bernardino County offers a drop-off site in Joshua Tree, located on 29 Palms Hwy. east of downtown Joshua Tree. The site is open the 3rd Saturday of each month, 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Paint cans, batteries, etc., are accepted. Information: 909-382-5401. For oil recycling, contact Oily Cat, 800-645-9228.


Beautification and Pride Program – If you, your family, church, organization, service club, class, or youth group would like to adopt a City street and keep it clean and picked up of litter and trash, call Cindy Villescas at Twentynine Palms City Hall, (760) 367-6799.  You can also arrange to be a cash donor to sponsor such a group. Print the application below and mail or bring it to City Hall, 6136 Adobe Road, Twnetynine Palms, CA 92277.

 Adopt-A-Street Program - Application (PDF file)


To protect your home or business from potential flooding during desert rainstorms, SANDBAGS are available at the Twentynine Palms Fire Dept., 6560 Adobe Road, or call the fire station for assistance at (760)367-7524, and at the Wonder Valley Fire Station on Amboy Road, (760)367-3761. Free. Limit 10 per household. Sandbags in quantity are also available for a small charge at Desert Hardware in Twentynine Palms and Home Depot in Yucca Valley, open 7 days a week. For questions or for help assessing property needs, contact the fire department phone numbers above.


The Public Works Department is busy filling potholes in Twentynine Palms. When the weather warms up, the city’s asphalt roads react with an outbreak of potholes and fractured road surfaces caused from the winter moisture. According to Public Works Superintendent Jose Nieves, the road repairs keep city crews on the move. Twentynine Palms residents can report large potholes or road problems in their neighborhood by calling Public Works at 367-ROAD. “If you leave a message,” Nieves said, “we will get back to you in one business day.” Photo: James Thompson (left) and Mike Mintz patching Mesquite Springs Road in 2009.


If you served honorably in the military, thank you for your service and sacrifice for this country. Regardless of your era, your branch, your post, or your assignment--you are entitled to state and federal veterans' benefits. Qualifying dependents may be eligible for benefits as well. To learn about your veterans benefits and obtain a copy of the California Veterans Resource Book, go to the California Dept. of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) website at www.calvet.ca.gov or call 1-877-741-8532 toll free. For information about federal resources for veterans, go to the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs website at www.va.gov

For the Veterans Crisis Line, call 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)


The City of Twentynine Palms is looking for volunteers to coach teams, officiate and assist with ongoing Recreational Sports Programs. Please call the Community Services Department at (760) 367-7562 for information about these youth-oriented sports activities.


The City of Twentynine Palms reminds its residents to review their Family Disaster Plan. As with any city, Twentynine Palms has the potential to experience a multitude of natural disasters. After witnessing disasters throughout the world, many of us ask, “Am I as prepared as I should be in the event of an emergency?” Recent events have shown us that we need to be prepared to survive for up to 72 hours before outside assistance may arrive. Copies of the free guide "Your Family Disaster Plan" are available at City Hall, 6136 Adobe Road, or click the link below to download a copy in Adobe PDF. For more information on disaster planning, contact the City's Emergency Services Coordinator, Ron Peck, at (760)367-6799.


See also our Emergency Operations page on this website for more information and links to the Hazard Mitigation Plan for Twentynine Palms.


 Family Disaster Guide, San Bernardino County


 Natural Disaster Food Safety Guide, SB County, March 2011

back to top

Copyright © 2003-2011 City of Twentynine Palms.  All rights reserved.  terms of use
Website Developed and Hosted by Shark Studios